Monday, October 4, 2010

Do you like apples?

No, I haven't been holding out on you dear readers, I've just been crazy busy. But not too busy to go on a date!

I went out last Thursday with Lacey. We went to a bar I am fond of and had drinks. It was good, but not quite great. A couple things of note:

(1) I did find myself wanting to impress her, which is a great sign during a date

(2) She didn't necessarily find me as hilarious as I find me (which is ridiculous - I'm hilarious), but I was struck by some of the things she did find funny. For instance, I told me the amazing story about when I sang the National Anthem at a high school volleyball game, and the part of the story she most strongly responded to was when I began the story by saying "In high school, I was the announcer for our volleyball team." (Seriously, it's an awesome story)

(3) She refuses to watch 30 Rock because she hates Alec Baldwin. I don't know how I feel about this. I agree that Baldwin is probably a terrible human being, but he's just so damned funny.

The date ended, as I had to head to tutoring, but I did ask if I could call her, and she gave me her number (and it's her real number, which is great). We then hugged, and I gave her a smooch on the cheek. CHEEKED! BAM!

In the days since, I did call her last night and left a message. I hope she calls back. I wasn't, at the end of the date, super crazy about her, but I think it's possible that something will develop there over a couple dates. Some relationships are like pan-seared scallops: they don't take long to achieve awesomeness. Others, however, are like braised pork: they need time and some simmering before they reach their potential. But I love braised pork as much as (if not more than) I love pan-seared scallops, and so I'm happy to put in some time to see if this works.

No comments:

Post a Comment